This comes because he has qualifications that make others unqualified enough to assume the power of the Syrian presidency. Dr. Bashar is the son of his mentor Hafez al-Assad, who trained him based upon his traditional Arab principles and his national noble humanitarian values.
A question remains, why do we want Bashar al-Assad to continue to be the president of Syria?
1. He is being targeted by America and the West. The access of evil does not want a president that maintains the sovereignty and independence of his country away from interfering in its internal affairs and its strategic and foreign policy.
2. He is the sole and legitimate representative of Syria, especially since he has been re-elected several times by the people, and a referendum was held to evaluate his personality during the peak of the current crisis.
3. He is still maintaining Syria’s Arab, patriotic, and national identity.
4. He does not depend on any one, he is loyal to Syria, and he works in favor of all his people at home.
5. He worked on raising the name of Syria in the Arab League and the regional and international forums.
6. He refused to sign a surrender agreement with the Zionist entity and to waive the Golan Heights, but worked on accepting the talks with Israel on the basis of the Madrid Peace Conference (land for peace).
7. He supported the national liberation movements in the Arab and Islamic worlds, provided absolute support for the Palestinian resistance, supported the resistance in Palestine by hosting Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, and the Popular Front, and backed Gaza in its struggle with the Zionist entity in 2008 and 2012. He also worked on trying to reunion the Palestinians and achieving the reconciliation between them as well. He treated the Palestinians in Syria in a very kind way and considered them parallel to the Syrians. He also provided support for the Lebanese resistance by providing facilities to enter arms into the Lebanese territory, supported Lebanon’s right to resist in the international forums, and opened the Syrian border in front of the Lebanese people during the July 2006 war.
8. He worked on achieving security and safety among all the citizens, and preserved history and coexistence between the Muslims and Christians and sustained communication in culture and politics related issues, for according to him there is no place for sectarian or denominational strife. He believes that the homeland is to be shared by everyone and that religion is a personal relationship between the citizen and God.
9. He is siding with the line of resistance and opposition against the Zionist enemy, in the face of the other Arab line; the line of disloyalty and surrender.
10. He propagated the principles of tolerance and coexistence between the religions and sects and fought the fundamentalist and extremist Islamists as Al-Qaeda and others who adopt a terrorist ideology, and worked to spread the moderate Islamic thought.
11. He worked to improve the economic Syrian situation and to stabilize the value of the exchange rate of the Syrian pound all through his term. He also worked on building firm economic relations with a number of regional and international countries, what made Syria be exporting goods more than importing them and has raised the value of the balance of payments and paid all the due Syrian debts.
12. He has deep belief in the Arab unity and that it is necessary to protect the Arabs, and believes also in the alliance between the peoples of the region rather than subordinating to the East or West. According to him righteous is what makes might, and not vice versa, for might leads man to obey a group of people that do not want to uphold their rights and to defend them.
13. He established military ties with his ally Iran, has signed a joint defense agreement with it, and established economic relations with it, for it is superior in arms, and in space and nuclear technology, on the basis of transferring expertise.
14. He invented the idea of the five seas to link the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, the Arabian Gulf Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Black Sea.
15. He built strategic relationships politically, militarily and economically with Russia, for he is an ally of Russia in the region and they stand side by side in the face of the American hegemony projects in the region.
Finally, we say that what Bashar al-Assad has done in favor of his country has not been done by any other Arab leader, and his commitment to Arabism and nationalism is not equivalent to any of the commitments of the Arab leaders. He was the only one to seek to establish true Arab relations of cooperation and friendship, and he is keen to face the Zionist entity, and has refused to sign the humiliation agreement with it. No other Arab leader has resisted the American hegemony policy like him, and this is why the regime and its leaders in Syria are now being fought under the title of democracy and human values. However, anyone who believes that the regime is standing on one side and the people are standing on the other side would be mistaken, for experience has proved that the regime, the army, and the people are standing as one hand in the face of the cosmic conspiracy against Syria and in the face of the Zionist-American projects as well.