Enter Your Email to Recieve Newsletter
 
 
Publish Date : Monday 13 November 2017 - 17:59
Share/Save/Bookmark
Nearly two dozen Syrians dead as jets bomb western Aleppo village
Nearly two dozen Syrians dead as jets bomb western Aleppo village
 
 
Islam times - Nearly two dozen civilians have lost their lives and several others sustained injuries when unidentified fighter jets carried out a series of airstrikes against a residential area in Syria’s northwestern province of Aleppo.
 
The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that at least 21 civilians, including five children and three women, were killed on Monday, when the military aircraft launched three aerial raids against an outdoor market in the town of al-Atarib, located 25 kilometers west of the provincial capital city of Aleppo.

The Britain-based observatory added that the overall death toll is expected to rise because dozens of people have been wounded or are still missing after the airstrikes.

The development came a day after more than a dozen civilians were killed and several others injured when the US-led coalition purportedly fighting the Daesh Takfiri terrorist group conducted separate aerial attacks in Syria’s eastern province of Dayr al-Zawr as well as the northeastern province of Hasakah.

Syria’s official news agency, SANA, reported that 10 civilians lost their lives when US-led military aircraft bombarded al-Duwaiji village in the Tal Shaer district of Dayr al-Zawr Province near the border with Iraq.

Separately, six people lost their lives when a residential area of al-Da’ij village in the Hasakah Province was hit by US-led fighter jets.

On October 11, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem said the US-led coalition was trying to destroy the Arab country and prolong the armed conflict there.

Muallem stated that Damascus would demand the dissolution of the military contingent, stressing that thousands of Syrian women and children had been killed by coalition airstrikes in the troubled northern province of Raqqah and Dayr al-Zawr province.

The US-led coalition has been conducting airstrikes against what are said to be Daesh targets inside Syria since September 2014 without any authorization from the Damascus government or a UN mandate.

The military alliance has repeatedly been accused of targeting and killing civilians. It has also been largely incapable of achieving its declared goal of destroying Daesh.
On Sunday, Syria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates criticized the so-called human rights advocates for turning a blind eye to the atrocities that the US-led coalition is perpetrating in the provinces of Raqqah and Dayr al-Zawr.

It also called on the United Nations Security Council to “shoulder its main responsibility of preserving international peace and security and take immediate action to stop the brutal crimes committed by the illegal coalition against the innocent civilians and prevent more crimes from happening.”
 
Story Code: 683185