Iraq calls on NATO to pressure Turkey into withdrawing troopsWhite House: Obama can still close GuantanamoBritish aircraft dodged ‘rocket attack’ over Sharm el-Sheikh in August: ReportsSyria al-Nusra urges militants to kill RussiansRepublican candidates vow to repeal conclusion on Iran nuclear program
 
 
 
 
Enter Your Email to Recieve Newsletter
 
 
Publish Date : Tuesday 13 June 2017 - 06:00
Share/Save/Bookmark
Yemen Cholera Death Toll Nears 1000, Saudi Brutality Continues
Yemen Cholera Death Toll Nears 1000, Saudi Brutality Continues
 
 
Islam Times - A devastating cholera epidemic in war-torn Yemen since late April has killed almost 1,000 people as the Saudi regime continues its brutal bombardments on the country during the Holy Month of Ramadan.
 
In a Twitter post on Monday, World Health Organization (WHO) said the cholera epidemic has killed at least 923 in Yemen since late April, according to the

 
WHO's Yemen office said over 124,000 suspected cases of cholera have been registered across the country since April 27.

 
The UN agency earlier warned that the two and a half year Saudi-led aggression on Yemen had destroyed the country's health sector, making it difficult to deal with the epidemic.

 
Yemen has been hit hard by the Saudi-led aggression, with 19 million of its 28 million people needing humanitarian aid and many of them on the verge of famine. Fewer than half of the country's health facilities are fully functional.

 
Saudi Arabia launched its deadly campaign against Yemen in March 2015 to push back Ansarullah fighters from Sana’a and to bring back to power Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, Yemen's president who has resigned and is a staunch ally of Riyadh.

 
The brutal aggression has so far claimed the lives of nearly 13,000 Yemenis mostly civilians including women and children.

 
The Saudi military aggression has also taken a heavy toll on Yemen’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, mosques and factories.

 
Meanwhile, in retaliatory measures, Rocketry Force in Yemeni army and Popular Committees engaged in confronting the Saudi-led aggression fired on Monday a missile on a gathering of mercenaries hired by the aggression command in al-Jawf province.

 
The missile, “Qaher-M2” hit a gathering of mercenaries in al-Jurr area in al-Jawf, Yemeni sources reported, adding that the missile had inflicted losses upon aggression forces.

 
“Qaher-M2” is very accurate missile with its warhead weighing 350 kg, local sources said, noting that this missile was repeatedly uses in attacks which inflict heavy losses upon aggression forces.

 
Yemen’s Ansarullah resistance movement fighters and their allies in Yemen’s army have been launching retaliatory attacks against parts of Saudi territory adjacent to northern Yemen, as well as the gatherings of Riyadh-allied troops and mercenaries inside Yemen.
 
Story Code: 645511